Week 1: Logo and Inspirarion Images

Hi all,

During week 1, we went through the Illustrator tutorial in order to trace an object and create the logo for this blog. I chose Cantilevered Shelf by Zaha Hadid for CITCO. Zaha Hadid is a renown female architect of many talents, crossing genres and bringing her signature methodology to all, including furniture."Despite being made from solid black granite, the piece appears light due to the long, cantilevered shelves. The structural core in the center is made up of interwoven layers that look as if they could be pressed flat and stretched back out like an accordion."


Image result for zaha hadid shelf

And the completed outline looks like:



I LOVED this organic shape. During the process of tracing the image, I realized that I needed to combine all paths in order for laser cutting machine to not catch on fire.

Laser Cutting process:

img_7578

Finished Product (along with some of my sketches):

Displaying FullSizeRender.jpg

Blog logo:




I drew my inspiration from Zaha Hadid's power of simplicity, repetition and patterns and simple black and white color scheme. I rotated my shelve along a central axis, and I colored in ombre black every 6th pattern.


Week 1 inspiration images:

Image result for zaha hadid design shelf
Related image
Related image


See you soon,
Wendy





Comments