Intro to Rhino 3D




Hi all,


Last week in class, we briefly went over some intro commands to Rhinoceros 3D software, which is a computer graphics and CAD design application. Some useful tutorials can be found at: http://docs.mcneel.com/rhino/5/usersguide/en-us/index.htm. I completed many of the modules, including pull toy, headphones, flashlight, and penguin.























For my own objects, I drew a pulley and a managetic ball-sticks toy. The ball-sticks model was much easier to draw, because I can simply draw a unit of each and array them. However, it was a bit challenging to have to stick them together according to their curvatures and surfaces.



For the pulley, I used many tools introduced in the class to draw the shapes.




















I copied one onto the next, rotated it and made it fit with the axis of the ball-sticks. When I played with the two toys, this is often the shape in result because both objects are magnetic.








Comments